Galilean School of Higher Education at the University of Padova is offering scholarships to pursue 2-years master’s degree (Second Cycle Degree, Laurea Magistrale) programme. Scholarships are open to non-Italian citizens (both from UE and outside UE), residing outside Italy.
Galilean School of Higher Education is a school of excellence which combines traditional university education with a series of special in-house courses comprising seminars and lectures by visiting professors of international fame.
The University of Padua is a premier Italian university located in the city of Padua, Italy. The University of Padua was founded in 1222 as a school of law and was one of the most prominent universities in early modern Europe.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree (Second Cycle Degree, Laurea Magistrale) programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the areas of Humanities (Classe di Scienze Morali), Natural Sciences (Classe di Scienze Naturali) and Social Sciences (Classe di Scienze Sociali).
- The School will reimburse one round trip ticket from/to the country of origin (economy class) up to 1.500,00 Euros for each Academic Year, and cover the cost of books and miscellaneous documented expenses of educational nature, authorised and within reasonable limits.
- The School will provide free room and board in the University student houses and canteens.
- The School reserves the right to assign a grant up to 5.000,00 Euros to the admitted students, as a contribution towards personal living expenses; this grant is subjected to the economic availability of the School and to the evaluation by a specific committee; no other scholarships will be compatible with this grant.
- Must be eligible for enrolling in the 1st year of a Second Cycle Degree (Laurea Magistrale) of the University of Padova (for details on the pre-requisites, please check this link and, in particular, the admission notices);
- Must hold a Bachelor degree and not be older than 26 at the time of application;
- Must complete the online application between 23 March 2017, 1.00 pm (GMT+2) and 22 May 2017
Eligible Nationalities: Non-Italian citizens (both from UE and outside UE) are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: The on-line procedure requires the uploading of the following documents:
- A copy of the passport (or identity card only for EU nationals);
- A certified copy (on headed paper, signed and stamped by the awarding Institution) of the academic transcript of records in English with the indication of ECTS credits or the indication of the grading scale used by the Institution, if ECTS grading is not available. The transcript may be replaced by the Diploma Supplement, if available;
- A copy of the First Level University Diploma (Bachelor Degree). If a Bachelor Degree hasn’t been obtained yet before the application deadline, the applicant must attach an official letter of the Home Institution, stating that the candidate is registered as a Bachelor student and that he will earn his/her Bachelor degree before July 31, 2017 (the date of graduation would be appreciated);
- Curriculum Vitae in English (a template can be downloaded here).
- Please, indicate a valid skype address in the CV.
Deadline: The application deadline is May 22, 2017.