Hawirko Roma Zenovea Graduate Scholarship at University of Manitoba in Canada, 2017/18 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Graduate level programm(s) in the field of Life Sciences, Agriculture Natural taught at University of Manitoba . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Manitoba offers Hawirko Roma Zenovea Graduate Scholarship for International students to study in Canada. The scholarship is available to pursue degree programmes in Agriculture Natural, Physical or Life Sciences for the academic year 2017-2018.
The aim of the University of Manitoba graduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from Canada.
The University of Manitoba (U of M, UMN, or UMB) is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. The university maintains a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution and conducts more research annually than any other university in the region.
This scholarship is available to pursue certificates, graduate degree programs.
Scholarship is awarded to Agriculture Natural, Physical or Life Sciences
This scholarship will cover approximately $8,000.
Number of Scholarships:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Roma Zenovea Hawirko has established a fund at the University of Manitoba which will be used to offer the Roma Zenovea Hawirko Graduate Scholarship, which is intended to encourage and stimulate graduate student interest in innovation research activity in the area of microbiology. The available annual interest from the fund will be used to offer one research scholarship to a graduate student who:
- As at Fall 2017 is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate studies in the first or second year of any PhD program delivered by a department in the Faculty of Science or the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences;
- Has achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5 (or equivalent) based on the last 60 credit hours of study (or equivalent);
- Is conducting a clearly defined and innovative research project in the area of microbiology
- Has demonstrated both commitments to his or her field of study and career potential
Applicants from around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Submit the following to the Awards Assistant, Faculty of Graduate Studies, and 500 University Centre:
- A description of the research proposal (1,500-word count plus one page for citations)
- Three reference letters, one of which will be from the advisor. The reference letters must describe the student’s work experience and involvement with graduate seminars and presentations. Each letter must be submitted in a sealed and endorsed envelope. Alternatively, letters of reference can be emailed directly from the referee to Laura McMillan, Awards Assistant, at mcmillan-at-umanitoba.ca.Letters of reference sent via email must be sent as PDF attachments – letters written in the body of an email will not be accepted.
The application deadline is May 19, 2017.