Honjo international Scholarship Japan is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Honjo international Scholarship Japan
Honjo international Scholarship Japan Foundation offering scholarships for International Students to study in Japan. Honjo International is offering Masters, PhD scholarships to international students in any subject.
The Honjo International Scholarship Japan Foundation is pleased to offer the Honjo International Scholarships, aka The Foreign Student’s Scholarship (for graduate students), to foreign students to attend a graduate school at a Japanese university starting April 1, 2016.
The period of the Honjo international Scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree. However, you are not eligible to apply if your enrollment period is shorter than one year.
Applications are submitted as from August 1 up until October 31, 2015.
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the requirement criteria below:
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2016.
- To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1980. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1985.
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
Eligible groups: Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT those from Japan)
Participating Institutions: All graduate schools at any Japanese university or institution of higher learning
Fields of study: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate level programs (Master and PhD) in any course offered at a Japanese university.
Number of awards: Up to 15 to 20 Honjo international scholarships are awarded every year
Sponsorship duration: The period of the Honjo international scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
An extension will not be given on the pre-determined scholarship period nor would the student be allowed to change his or her courses after the scholarship period has commenced. Those whose enrollment period is shorter than one year are not eligible to apply.
The student, once awarded the scholarship will be able to choose the option (1), (2) or (3) as below.
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Method of Application
If you are an interested applicant, you need to fill in an “Online Application”, and obtain your application number. Awarded candidates’ application numbers are announced on website on January 31, 2016 so be advised to save the number you got. Write down the application number on the application form and send the documents listed below to the Administration Office by post mail. To be sent by E-mail is not acceptable.
Requested supporting documents include:
- Scholarship application form; make sure to attach your photo to the form as instructed.
- Your resume
- Personal information form
- Academic transcript: Please provide the transcript i) from undergraduate course of the university where you graduated and ii) any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred into the university, the transcript from the previous school is needed. All the applicants must provide at least i) the academic transcript from undergraduate course. Photocopies are acceptable.
- Research plan: In Japanese, describe focusing around following four points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and goals for the future; iv) research you have conducted in the past (if any). There is no limit on the number of pages or style. Either typed or hand-written is available.
- One recommendation letter from a professor. (This confidential letter should mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and his or her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style.
- If your former professor knows about you well, you can ask him/ her for your recommendation letter.
- A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In case that entrance examination will not be held, or successful candidates of the entrance examination will not be announced before he or she applies for this scholarship, write down the scheduled date of examination or announcement on the bottom of application form. If you are already enrolling into a graduate school, please provide a certificate of current enrollment. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
Please prepare those documents in Japanese or English. If you have your documents in other languages, please attach either Japanese OR English translation. Have application forms written in Japanese.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this Scholarship, including to download the "Guidelines for Application". You can access the “Online Application” here.
The time schedule to register your applications is between August 1 to October 31 2015. The deadline for submission of all applications is October 31, 2015
The payment of the scholarship money will be issued starting from April, 2016. The scholarship recipients are under no obligation to repay the amount they receive from the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation. The student is not permitted to receive any other scholarship in conjunction with the scholarship offered by the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation.
The first selection will be conducted with documents submitted by applicants. The results of the first selection will be announced by January 31, 2016 as the awarded candidates’ application numbers will be put on website. Interviews will be conducted between February 1 and 15, 2016, in Tokyo. Its detailed schedule will be communicated at a later date directly to those who passed the first step of the selection process. Scholarship will be awarded in Mid-March, 2016.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application