ICFO Fellowships for Foreign Countries in Spain is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .ICFO Fellowships,
Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellowships available for foreign nationals. The ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Fellows will be hired by ICFO on a standard employment contract of 24-month duration to perform his/her duties within an existing ICFO research group. Salary and economic conditions are aligned with standard European Marie Curie programs (gross salary in the range 40,000 EUR / 55,000 USD). The application deadline is September 30, 2015.
Fellowships are awarded for research projects at the forefront of science and technology. Research lines at ICFO include but are not limited to: biomedical optics and biophotonics, nanoscopy and super-resolution imaging, nanotechnology and nanophotonics, nonlinear optics and atom optics, quantum optics and quantum information, atto-science and ultrafast physics, optical sensing and optoelectronics, green technologies and photovoltaics, graphene physics and nanomaterials, single-molecule physics, ultracold quantum matter physics and advanced laser technology.
Fellowships are available for postdoctoral research programme.
The ICFOnest+ International Postdoctoral Program, partially supported by the European Commission’s Marie Curie Actions for Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes (COFUND) and the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), as well as by Fundacio Privada Cellex.
Scholarship can be taken at:
- Have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 24 months in Spain, and not be Spanish citizens/residents. Spanish citizens may apply however if they spent at least 3 years immediately prior the application deadline in a country other than Spain.
- Be in possession of a PhD degree at the time of the application cut-off-point.
- Have not been awarded the PhD degree more than 5 years prior to the application deadline. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave. Women may claim up to 12 months for child, for a maximum of 3 years.
- Be first author in at least one publication (either submitted, accepted, in print or published). Copies may be requested.
- Provide complete documentation requested for application.
- Exceptions to the PhD degree requirements will be made for women with children and other documented career breaks. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Program.
Foreign national can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships. Spanish citizens may apply however if they spent at least 3 years immediately prior the application deadline in a country other than Spain.
What does it cover:
The ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Fellows will be hired by ICFO on a standard employment contract of 24-month duration to perform his/her duties within an existing ICFO research group. Salary and economic conditions are aligned with standard European Marie Curie programs (gross salary in the range 40,000 EUR / 55,000 USD).
Applications should be submitted online via the corresponding call at ICFOjobs, our job openings site and online application interface, available at http://jobs.icfo.eu. The application to the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Program is a two-step procedure:
First Application Step: Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- A presentation letter with a declaration of interests, including an explicit indication of the potential ICFO research group(s) that may be of interest,
- An updated complete Curriculum Vitae, including: full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address (and indicating any career breaks), and full list of publications,
- A copy of the PhD degree (if available at the time of application, or certificate stating the planned award date of the PhD degree),
- As part of the application material, and within deadline, applicants should have contacted their two referees whom they have listed in their application form, asking them to submit reference letters to the ICFOnest+ Screening Committee. The reference letters must be submitted electronically directly by the referees to [email protected] (mailing label: candidate name + “ICFOnest+”).
Once an application has been submitted, the candidate will receive an acknowledgement of receipt together with an application reference number for further enquires and the upcoming revision deadline. Updates of application material will only be possible within this deadline.
Second Application Step: Applicants that pass the first evaluation stage will be informed about this decision and asked to submit:
- A 2-pages research proposal indicating the ICFO research area/s of main interest.
Applicants will be invited to get in touch with ICFO Group Leaders in the scientific area of their choice, in order to discuss with them the possible lines of investigation. Deadline for submitting the Research Proposal will be indicated to the corresponding applicants.
The last date of submission of application is September 30, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application