Kamal Adham Fellowship for Television and Digital Journalism in Egypt, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of digital journalism taught at The American University in Cairo . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The American University in Cairo is now accepting applications for Kamal Adham Fellowship to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a 1.5-year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC. The fellowship is open to students of all nationalities.
The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of Journalism and Mass Communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a 1.5-year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC.
The American University in Cairo is an independent, English language, Research University located in Cairo, Egypt. The university offers American-style learning programs at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels, along with a continuing education program.
Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Fellowships are awarded in television and digital journalism at AUC.
The fellowship covers:
- Full or partial tuition coverage for the MA program
- May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
- Book allowance per semester
- Student services and activities fees (bus fees)
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned up to 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Open to all nationalities
- Graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating of gayed giddan. Applicants with slightly lower GPA must have sufficient relevant work experience
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial need
The fellowship is open to students of all nationalities.
Students must follow the steps to apply:
Check how to apply
and submit the online application
Step 2: Complete and submit the Online Fellowship Application
Application deadline is April 15 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.