Mildred Blaxter Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Applicants in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of Social Sciences, Health taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Applications are invited for Mildred Blaxter postdoctoral fellowships for the applicants of all nationalities. The award provides support for individuals who have recently completed a PhD in the field of the sociology of health and illness, to enable them to disseminate findings of their thesis through publications and presentations, and/or to develop a new programme of work related to their thesis.
The Foundation makes grants to fund research fellowships and the following are the terms and conditions attached to such grants and the ways in which the Foundation requires the grants to be administered.
Fellowships are available for pursuing Postdoctoral programme.
Fellowships are awarded to applicants working in the field of sociology of heath and illness. This may include social science, healthcare and medical departments.
The award provides full salary costs for one year (including on-costs but not estate or indirect costs), usually at spine point 30 as appropriate, plus £2,500 for research and/or conference expenses. London weighting will be payable where appropriate.
Applications will be considered from individuals who have been awarded a PhD in the field of sociology of health and illness by a UK university and who meet the following criteria:
- The PhD must be awarded on the basis of a research thesis; those with a PhD by publication are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must have been awarded the degree at the point of application.
- The fellowship is intended to support individuals in their first postdoctoral post but the applicant may have up to one year’s active experience from the date of award of their PhD(pro rata for part-time experience) at the time of application.
- Any new research proposed should be in the field of the sociology of health and illness.
- The application must be supported by the head of a departmentthat can provide an appropriate research environment for a postdoctoral fellow working in the field of the sociology of health and illness, and by a mentor who is able to provide appropriate support and encouragement for the fellow.
- The applicant must not have made a previous applicationfor this fellowship.
Mildred Blaxter Post-Doctoral Fellowships can only be held in a UK university but awards will not be restricted to UK or EU citizens. The fellowship need not be held in the university which awarded the PhD.
Trustees will not be eligible for awards, but other members of their departments will not be excluded from applying.
Awards will not be restricted to UK or EU citizens therefore applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply:
Download the application form below. Please send the completed form electronically to FSHIadmin-at-googlemail.com and send one signed hard copy by post.
Application deadline is 31 October 2016 (for an early 2017 start) and 31 March 2017 (for a mid-2017 start).