NTNU International PhD Position in Systems Virology and Immunology in Norway, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Virology and Immunology taught at Norwegian University of Science and Technology . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is delighted to offer its PhD position in the field of Systems Virology and Immunology (SVIM). The position is available for international students.
The aim of the position is to support applicants who have a solid background in bioinformatics and statistics.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology is a public research university with campuses in the cities of Trondheim, Gjøvik, and Aalesund in Norway, and has become the largest university in Norway, following to the university merger in 2016.
Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Position is awarded in the field of Systems Virology and Immunology (SVIM).
: Position will cover the following:
- PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 500 – 499 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A MSc in bioinformatics, statistics, or relevant field (completed or in progress – should be completed by 31.12.2017).
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system, or equivalent education.
- A solid background in bioinformatics and statistics.
- A track record of scientific publications, participation in national and international scientific projects, and collaborations with academic groups or biotech companies.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
International Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship
Applicants can apply via online:
- The application shall contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications).
- Copy of relevant transcripts/diplomas.
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications and motivation for the position.
- Contact information for two references.
- Other relevant documents.
The application deadline is August 31, 2017.