PhD Research Fellowship in Astrophysics at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Physics taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Position as PhD Research fellow available at the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must hold (or soon hold) a Master’s of Science degree or equivalent in astrophysics, astronomy or space sciences or a related discipline.
Fellowship is provided for pursuing the PhD programme.
Fellowship is tenable in Astrophysics at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Position code 1017, Salary: NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per year ( pay grade 50 – 57), depending on qualifications and seniority.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold (or soon hold) a Master’s of Science degree or equivalent in astrophysics, astronomy or space sciences or a related discipline. Candidates without a Master’s degree have to complete the final exam by June 30th, 2017.
- They seek a candidate with a background preferably in solar / stellar physics or radio astronomy. Experience with 2D/3D numerical simulations and/or the analysis of observations incl. the handling of large data sets is advantageous. Programming skills and experience with CASA, Python, IDL and/or C++ are considered an asset.
- The candidate must be highly self-driven and able to take responsibility for her/his own work, including troubleshooting and acquiring additional skills required to reach the project goals while collaborating with the team.
- The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
- The fellowship requires