South Africa ACU Fully Funded Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2018 2019 is open for Commonwealth Countries . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Provider:
The new Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa is available on offer to citizens of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa. The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is the world’s first and oldest international university network, established in 1913.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which Commonwealth countries offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other member states. The CSFP was established by Commonwealth education ministers at their first conference in 1959. Since then, Commonwealth Scholarships have become one of the most prestigious and best-known international scholarship schemes. Over 35,000 individuals have benefited.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Please see this document for a list of applicable subjects
. The scholarships are only tenable in the subjects listed for each university.
- Four scholarships are available, starting in January/February 2019
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance)
- The scholarships are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses
- The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families
- Scholarships are for a maximum of two years
Available to citizens of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.
South Africa Scholarships are tenable at:
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
This scholarship is available to citizens of a Commonwealth country
other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicants’ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
First, you must apply for your chosen course directly with the university. Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by the South African Qualifications Authority before applying to a university.
Separately, download this scholarship application form
, and complete it in as much detail as possible.
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- A 500-word research proposal summary, containing:
- Scientific elements of the proposal: research rationale, problem identification, aims and objectives of research, theoretical framework and research methodology
- Social relevance of proposed study
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Proof that you have applied for the relevant course at your university of choice
Please submit all the required documents above by email to commonwealthscholarship-at-dhet.gov.za.
July 13, 2018