UN University PhD Programme, Netherlands is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
UN University PhD Programme, Netherlands
UNU-MERIT and its School of Governance invite applications for PhD Programme on Innovation, Economics and Governance for Development (IEGD). These courses are taught in Maastricht and spread across two semesters. Taught entirely in English, this is an annual Maastricht-based programme which starts on 1 September. At the end of the programme, the doctoral degree is awarded by Maastricht University upon successful defence of the thesis. The application deadline is 15 February 2016.
Subject Offered: Scholarship is awarded for studying Innovation, Economics and Governance for Development (IEGD).
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD program.
Participating Institution(s): United Nations University (UNU)-MERIT and its School of Governance, Netherland
Eligibility: Applicant must have:
- a Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including: economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
Eligible Nationalities: Both Netherlands and foreign students can apply for this PhD programme.
Scholarship Benefit: The following tuition fees are applicable to those enrolled in the PhD programme for the 2015-2016 academic year: First year: €7000 and Subsequent years: €2500. The tuition fee includes all programme-related costs. This excludes books, specific research costs, travel costs, accommodation, and visa or residence permit costs.
Application procedure for UN University PhD Programme, Netherlands
Application Procedure: In addition to filling in the online application form, applicants must submit the following:
- certified copies of your certificates and grades and an explanation of the grading system
- proof of English proficiency
- motivation letter of 400 – 500 words
- three letters of recommendation (in English only) by current or former professors or employers
- one-page essay indicating the topic of research interest
- curriculum vitae
- copy of your passport
- passport size photo
- full information about your present study and/or job
University prefer to receive the documents as follows:
- Essay, motivation letter and CV: uploaded through the application form
- Passport and picture: uploaded through the application form (PDF or JPG)
- Recommendation letters, directly from the reviewers to the programme
- diplomas and transcripts: electronic copies initially and later on hard copies by postal mail
Deadline: The application deadline is 15 February 2016.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
More about UN University PhD Programme, Netherlands
The United Nations University (国際連合大学 Kokusairengōdaigaku), (UNU), established in 1973, is the academic and research arm of the United Nations. It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with diplomatic status as a UN institution. Since 2010, UNU has been authorized by the UN General Assembly to grant degrees. It also provides a bridge between the UN and the international academic, policy-making and private sector communities.