University of Edinburgh Business School PhD Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Edinburgh . The deadline of the scholarship is .
University of Edinburgh Business School is offering up to three PhD scholarships for UK and international students. Scholarships are offered per year in Accounting and/or Finance.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination and curation of knowledge.
An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0 overall or the equivalent from approved list of certificates.
Scholarships are offered for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded in Accounting and Finance.
The major areas of interest in current staff research are as follows:
- Accounting for charities
- Accounting and consumer society
- Accounting narratives
- Accounting and popular culture
- Accounting regulation
- Accounting, strategy, and information technologies
- Financial accounting
- Healthcare and social care accounting and accountability
- History of accounting and calculative practices
- Management accounting, governance and control
- Management controls for major programmes & projects
- Market-based accounting research
- Social studies of accounting and accountability
- The accounting profession
Business and climate change:
- Benchmarking carbon performance
- Carbon accounting
- Carbon markets & low carbon investment
- Risk management
- Behavioural finance
- Capital market anomalies
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Corporate pension risk analysis
- Econometrics of financial markets
- Empirical asset pricing
- Equity valuation
- Energy finance
- Institutional setting forIPO markets and underpricing of IPOs
- Market microstructure; high frequency trading
Scholarships of value £14,500 + tuition fees (UK/EU and overseas).
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- A postgraduate master’s degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas with evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall in your Masters) and a postgraduate master’s dissertation with distinction (UK equivalent). MBA or master’s students without a dissertation are welcome to apply and should provide evidence of distinction level (UK equivalent). Your official transcript and grading scheme must be provided when you submit your application.
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0 overall, or the equivalent from ourapproved list of certificates.
UK and international students can apply for these scholarships.
You must submit your online application for the PhD programme by the scholarship closing date.
Your personal statement in the online application will be considered as your scholarship application.
Scholarship application deadline is April 17th