University of Johannesburg International Scholarships in South Africa 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
University of Johannesburg International Scholarships in South Africa 2015
University of Johannesburg
(UJ) is offering international scholarships to non-South African students from SADC and other African countries. Scholarships are awarded to students currently registered for Master’s and Doctoral degrees. Funding is provided for one year and is renewable for subsequent years within the term of the degree (indicated above) and is subject to sufficient progress and availability of funds. The last date of submission of application is 15 May, 2015.
University of Johannesburg in South Africa.
Scholarships are awarded for studying the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s and doctoral programme at the University of Johannesburg (UJ).
In order to qualify, students must:
- Not be South African citizens or permanent residents. Students from SADC and other African countries should be given preference.
- Be registered for a full-time Master’s or PhD and within the following term: Master’s – within two years from first date of registration for the degree; Doctoral – within three years from first date of registration for the degree
- May not hold any bursaries, awards, assistantships or emoluments concurrently with the URC international scholarship, which bind him/her to enter the service of any organisation upon completion of his/her studies. In addition, the scholarship may not be held concurrently with any other NRF, university or Government funded scholarship/bursary.
- Have an average of at least 60% in the previous degree.
- Registering for the first time for the specific level of study.
- The scholarship-holder may not hold full-time salaried employment during the tenure of the scholarship, but he/she will be allowed to undertake a maximum of twelve hours of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average during the year of study, and he/she may be remunerated for his/her services, provided that he/she is reimbursed at the normal university tariff for services rendered.
- All awardees will be required to enter into a signed agreement with the University of Johannesburg.
URC International Scholarship is awarded to non-South African students. Students from SADC and other African countries should be given preference.
What does it cover:
The value of the scholarships are: Master’s = R65 000 and PhD = R95 000.
The panel decision is final. Feedback is not provided to unsuccessful candidates. If you are not contacted directly within four weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The nomination form must be completed electronically by the student and signed by the student and Dean of the Faculty. Forms must be submitted with attachments to Ms Dudu Mbatha at the Postgraduate Centre, APK Library, Level one). Completed applications forms together with the requested documents can be hand delivered to the Postgraduate Centre, Kingsway Campus.
The last date of submission of application is 15 May, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Study in South Africa