Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) Fellowship 2019 is open for Open for Vietnamese Students only. The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Mathematics, Medicine, Engineering, Science, Technology taught at USA Universities . The deadline of the scholarship is expired at 15 Jun 2019.
The VEF 2.0 Program is developed on the success of the Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) Fellowship Program – a program created by the U.S. Congress from 2003-2016 to strengthen the bilateral relationship between the United States and Vietnam through educational exchange activities. During its 14 years of operation, the VEF Fellowship Program has successfully built a bridge between Vietnam and the United States and has established a process that enables young, talented Vietnamese students to get admission to study at top U.S. universities.
Scholarship is availabel for Masters degree level
Scholarship is available for Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine
See in details
The Scholarship is open for vietnamese students
- VIETNAMESE by citizenship
- College graduate or undergraduate who will receive at least a Bachelor’s degree no later than August 1, 2020 in an eligible field of study (see item 6 below).
- GPA. Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) from a college or university of at least 7.0/10.0. Grades on other scales must be converted into a 10-point scale. A grade conversion scale is available at: http://vef2.org/file.axd?file=/GPA%20conversion%20table.pdf.
- English Language Proficiency. The applicant must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency by submitting a valid TOEFL score on the Internet-Based Test (iBT) or an IELTS score. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an English-speaking country is accepted as an equivalent.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination). All applicants must submit scores of the GRE General Test taken no earlier than June 15, 2014.
To prepare for the VEF 2.0 Program online application, applicants must have the following information and documents ready:
- Field of Study. Applicants must intend to study a field in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (such as public health, biomedical science, epidemiology, and immunology).
1. DEGREE CERTIFICATES AND TRANSCRIPTS
. Applicants are required to provide degree certificates and transcripts from undergraduate studies and from graduate studies, if any, translated into English with an official notarization or with an official school stamp. Those who have not yet graduated must upload a certification from their current university.
2. EVIDENCE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY.
Any of the following means is acceptable to demonstrate proficiency:
- A TOEFL score of at least 80 on the internet-Based Test taken no earlier than June 15, 2017.
- A minimum score of 6.5 on an IELTS exam taken no earlier than June 15, 2017.
- Degree from an English-speaking country. The applicant must demonstrate current enrollment or certificate of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree received no earlier than June 15, 2017, from a university in an English-speaking country. Please be aware that U.S. universities may still require an official International TOEFL score.
3. GRE SCORE REPORT.
All applicants must submit scores from the GRE General Test, of at least 290
, taken no earlier than June 15, 2014
Each applicant must upload a resume (of no more than 400 words in one page), which is a summary of his/her education background, work/research experience, publications, skills, and accomplishments.
5. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
. Each applicant must prepare a Statement of Purpose (no more than 400 words), which is an essay that shows his/her academic potential and enthusiasm for graduate studies, as well as leadership potential for the development of science and technology in Vietnam.
6. TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
. Two letters of recommendation must be provided by professors or advisors under whom the applicant has studied or undertaken research or by work supervisors. Letters must be written in English on official letterhead and must be signed by the referee. Applicants can choose to upload the letters to the online application form or request referees to send the letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. U.S. UNIVERSITIES
. Applicants must list at least 3 U.S. universities
together with the relevant departments, including 2 professors with whom they would like to study at each university
, and the reason why the particular advisors or professors were selected.
8. OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS.
Applicants can submit any other supporting documents to strengthen their application.
15 June 2019