Yeungnam University Global Environment Scholarship Program (GESP) in South Korea, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Environment taught at Yeungnam University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Ministry of Environment of Korea is offering Global Environment Scholarship Program (GESP). Scholarships are designed to support graduate studies Program for researchers working in the environment or related fields in Korea’s partnering countries.
The main goal of GESP is to support the training of key personnel who have the capacity to lead the sustainable economic and social development of our partnering countries through the transfer of Korea’s know-how and experiences in environmental improvement.
Korea Environmental Industry and Technology Institute (KEITI) is a quasi-government organization affiliated with the Ministry of Environment of Korea for the purpose of developing environmental technology and executing government policies for nurturing the environmental industry.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the environment or related fields.
The following expenses will be covered by KEITI during the participant’s stay in Korea.
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation (the dormitory of an academic institute)
- Living allowance (including meals): KRW 999,000 per month
- Travel expenses (airfare): Round?trip economy class ticket
- Miscellaneous travel expenses: KRW 200,000 upon arrival
- Korean Language class: full coverage
- Textbook and materials: KRW 800,000
- Study visit & field trip, etc. during the program
- A medical checkup after entrance
- Overseas travel insurance, etc.
In addition, participants may be invited to a special event organized by KEITI with the aim of promoting friendship among each other and understanding about Korea during the program.
Number of Scholarships:
One ~ two participants per country
- Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target countries.
- Be a government/municipality official, researchers in affiliated agencies or institutions or faculty of environment study in national universities with more than three years of working experience in his/her home country with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Forest Resources and Ecological Restoration major applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in Natural Science, Agriculture, Forestry or other related areas
- Possibly work in a related field for at least two years after the completion of this program.
- Be nominated (or recommended) by his or her Government.
- Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted in English.
- Be preferably under 45 years of age in good health, both physically and mentally in order to complete the program. (* Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program. Having Tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.)
- Not be a person who has previously been withdrawn from KEITI’s scholarship program. Person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to his/her country in the middle of SP (Scholarship Program) cannot apply
- Have not participated in any of the Korean government’s Scholarship Programs before.
- Be qualified for the requirements identified by Yeungnam University and KEITI.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of study under this program
Citizen of Scholarship Program target countries are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: Asia: Brunei, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macao, Mongol, Oman, Bahrain, Turkey, Uzbekistan; Africa: Botswana, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles; Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Malta, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine; America: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Colombia, Costa Rica, Commonwealth of Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Nicaragua, USA, Venezuela; Oceania: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Marshall Island, New Zealand, Niue, Samoa, Tonga
Basic requirements for the master’s degree
English Language Requirement:
- Enrolment for four semesters
- Completing the master’s degree course work of at least 27 credits (Major 21 and Core 9) and earn 3 credits in the Thesis Research course in the 4th semester
- Passing the comprehensive examination
- Thesis or research report to be accepted by the Thesis Committee
Pass Korean Language Exam
Official Korean Proficiency Test
KLAT: Level 3 or above
TOPIK: Level 3 or above
Korean Language Special Course at Korean Language Institute (KLI), Yeungnam University: 70 or above
How to Apply:
All of the following application materials should be sent to Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KEITI) directly. (NOTE) All forms and documents have to be submitted by both email and post by the above due date. And they first have to be submitted as electronic copies via email.
- KEITI Application Form
- PSPS Application Form
- Official Letter of Nomination from the Minister of the Ministry or the Head of the Organization of the Applicant’s Affiliation
- Certificate of Graduation (to be) / Bachelor’s Degree
- Official Transcripts with Grading system page (or full GPA information)
- Official Report of English Proficiency Test (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS) Or Any English Proficiency document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of Passport
- Two Photos, 3X4 cm (with white?colored background)
- Additional Documents
-Photocopy of both sides of your Alien Registration Card in Korea if you stay in Korea
-Other documents, including the Official Report of Korean Proficiency Tests such as TOPIK or KLAT and a Certificate of Employment, may be considered for the screening process.
The application deadline is May 19, 2017