16 DTU H.C. Ørsted Fellowships for International Researchers 2017 is open for . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of taught at Technical University of Denmark . The deadline of the scholarship is .
16 DTU H.C. Ørsted Fellowships for International Researchers 2017
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for up to 16 H.C. Ørsted fellowships for researchers, which is co-funded by Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions. These fellowships are open to young talented researchers from all over the world.
The Programme will contribute to the researcher’s career development, broadening and be deepening individual competencies through exposure to an international and multidisciplinary environment. The Programme is based on incoming mobility and will enable experienced researchers from all over the world to carry out curiosity-driven, bottom-up research projects within all branches of engineering science at DTU.
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is recognized internationally as a leading university in the areas of the technical and the natural sciences, renowned for business-oriented approach, focus on sustainability, and amazing study environment.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to researchers.
Study Subject: Applications must lie within one of five programme areas. The programme area is dictated by the DTU research department hosting the fellow and the research project. When applying for a fellowship, you must indicate in the online submission form on DTU’s website the research department under which your application belongs.
The five programme areas and corresponding DTU research departments are:
- Mathematics, physics, space research and informatics: DTU Compute, DTU Physics, DTU Space, DTU Nutech
- Chemistry, biotechnology and chemical engineering: DTU Chemistry, DTU Chemical Engineering, DTU Energy, DTU Biosustain
- Electronics and communication: DTU Fotonik, DTU Electrical Engineering, DTU Nanotech, DTU Danchip/CEN
- Construction, production, buildings and transportation: DTU Civil Engineering, DTU Management Engineering, DTU Wind Energy, DTU Mechanical Engineering
- Life science: DTU Aqua, DTU Bioengineering, DTU Bioinformatics, DTU Food, DTU Vet, DTU Environment.
Scholarship Award: The grant will cover the salary for the postdoc fellow for up to 24 months, but not research costs. Research costs must be provided by the hosting research department. It is therefore recommended that the research plan is developed in cooperation with the relevant research department and potential supervisor at DTU.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility Criteria: Applications must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered:
- At the time of recruitment (1 July 2017) applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Denmark or at DTU for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment (excl. holidays and short visits)
- Successful applicants must move to Denmark by the time of employment at the latest;
- The applicant must, by the time of recruitment (1 July 2017), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- Applicants must have arranged in advance a research plan with a host at DTU;
- The application must be in English;
- The application must be complete and uploaded as one compiled PDF via DTU’s online recruitment site within the deadline. Applications sent via email or the like will not be considered.
Eligible Nationalities: The programme is open for young talented researchers from all over the world.
Entrance Requirements: At the time of recruitment (1 July 2017) applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Denmark or at DTU for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment (excl. holidays and short visits).
English language Requirements: The application must be in English.
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted as one compiled PDF file containing all material via DTU’s online submission form at http://www.dtu.dk/english/career. Apply directly here. The application must include the following (use templates available for download on the website):
- The research plan for a total of 7 (A4) pages excl. summary (tables containing personal- and project information and the brief summary are not included in the 7 A4 pages);
- Signed host statement regarding hosting arrangements;
- Prioritised CV and list of publications;
- Table of ethics issues;
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement on the expected date of graduation (Documentation of academic degrees must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included).
Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is February 23, 2017.