20 Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academic Excellence Scholarships in Greece, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Civil Society Organizations taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is delighted to offer twenty (20) Academic Excellence Scholarships in the field of Civil Society Organizations. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The scholarships are aimed at strengthening scientific research regarding civil society and encouraging young people to follow the example set by Tzanetos Antypas in the field of social work.
About Sponsoring Agency: The Stavros Niarchos Foundation [(SNF) (www.SNF.org)] is one of the world’s leading private, international philanthropic organizations, making grants in the areas of arts and culture, education, health and sports, and social welfare. Since 1996, SNF has committed $2.1 billion, through 3,891 grants to nonprofit organizations in 113 nations around the world.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to postgraduate as well PhD students.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Civil Society Organizations.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarships are allocated as follows:
- Ten (10) scholarships for postgraduate students in the Postgraduate Program «Governance and Public Policy” (€3,500 per student).
- Ten (10) scholarships for Doctoral Candidates (€9,000 per student), who will conduct research on issues of civil society, volunteerism, nonprofit organizations, and NGOs.
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Postgraduate students and PhD candidates will acquire high-level academic knowledge and skills in a Department that follows an interdisciplinary approach, in the subjects of economics and modern governance in the European and international context, as well as on the workings of civil society organizations specifically. They will strengthen their theoretical foundations and gain new opportunities to exploit their abilities, in order to enhance their career prospects in the dynamic field of community service.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: Applications are submitted electronically at pedis-at-uop.gr. Subsequently, the three-member evaluation committee meets in the first week of October 2017, followed the scholarship selection process.
The documents substantiating the applicant’s academic and professional career are not required to be submitted along with the submission of the application dossier but must be made available to the Evaluation Committee when requested. All applications must be submitted electronically by September 30th, of each academic year. The Academic Committee meets in the first week of each new academic year, i.e. in September, and decides on the allocation of scholarships. Those selected during the first stage of the selection process will be called for an interview by the members of the evaluation committee.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is not involved in the process of candidate selection and evaluation, for which the University of Peloponnese is solely responsible.
Interested applicants will need to submit the following:
- A recently updated curriculum vitae, following Europass standards, which will include academic achievements, volunteering experience, professional career information and any research activity.
- A short “letter of motivation”, (up to 400 words) on why they believe that attending the postgraduate or PhD program will benefit their career in the NGO sector.
- The acceptance of their application to the Postgraduate Program “Governance and Public Policy” or their application for a PhD thesis, by the PSIR GA.
- A letter of recommendation from a person who can assess their professional experience and voluntary action, in collaboration with civil society actors.
- A copy of their income tax return statement for the recent fiscal year.
Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.