Academy Asia Senior Fellowship at Chatham House, UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Academy Asia Senior Fellowship at Chatham House, UK
Applications are invited for Academy Asia Senior Fellowship at Chatham House. Fellowship is open to established leaders and practitioners from Afghanistan, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan and South Korea. The fellowship offers an opportunity to further develop an understanding of, and approaches to, addressing the political, economic and social issues facing Asia and the world. Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. Their mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world. Chatham House expects all fellows to have good levels of English, both written and verbal. While they do not require a TEFL or similar standard, this will be evaluated through the recruitment process.
- Fellowship is available for undertaking research at the Chatham House. In addition to their research project, a senior fellow will participate in a comprehensive six-month programme of activities.
- The Senior Fellow will have the opportunity to focus in depth on a personal project in one of eight key research areas.
- List of Subjects: Research topic within the US and the Americas Programme: The future role of the United States in Asia, Research topic within the International Law Programme: Addressing refugee protection challenges, Research topic within the Centre on Global Health Security: Infectious diseases and the extractive industry – One Health approaches, Research topic within the Asia Programme: Prospects for regional cooperation in South Asia, Research topics jointly hosted by the Energy, Environment and Resources Department and the Asia Programme: India’s growth in resource demand and trade implications and Cooperation on transboundary water management in Asia, Research topic hosted by the International Security Department: Internet governance in Asia
- Chatham House will provide a monthly stipend of approximately £3,000 for Academy senior fellows for the duration of the fellowship (this is intended to cover costs such as accommodation, food, travel in London etc.). To assist fellows in relocating from their home country to London for the term of the fellowship, the institute will cover one return trip to the UK and accommodation in a hotel on arrival (if required). The institute will also provide a small budget for fieldwork and research-related travel during the fellowship. Chatham House will provide assistance but fellows will be responsible for securing accommodation, health insurance, and making the necessary banking arrangements.
To be eligible for an Academy Senior Fellowship, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan or South Korea.
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent with an international focus; PhD desirable but not essential;
- Have at least 10 years of relevant work or academic experience and a strong record of achievements;
- Have a clearly defined area of research or policy interest which falls under one of the research topics outlined below;
- Have excellent English writing and presentation skills;
- Show motivation for undertaking the fellowship and for contributing to the candidate’s home country or region, as demonstrated through the application
Eligible Nationalities: Citizen of Afghanistan, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan or South Korea can apply for this fellowship.
- Academy fellowship candidates should, at a minimum, have completed a BA degree or equivalent, although an MA degree with an international focus is preferred.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- Chatham House expects all fellows to have good levels of English, both written and verbal. While they do not require a TEFL or similar standard, this will be evaluated through the recruitment process.
The application is complete if it contains:
- An application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A research project proposal
- A post-fellowship plan
- One short writing sample
- The names of two referees
- The application form and accompanying documents should be completed and emailed to AcademyAsiaFellowship-at-chathamhouse.org.
- The application deadline is 31 May 2016.