Amsterdam Merit Scholarships in Netherlands 2014 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Amsterdam Merit Scholarships in Netherlands 2014
The University of Amsterdam
in the Netherlands invites applications for its undergraduate and graduate Amsterdam
Merit Scholarships in the following fields of study: Architecture and town planning, Arts and Humanities, Business administration and management, Communication, Education and Teacher Training, Engineering, Environmental Science, Fine and applied arts, Law, Mathematics and computer science, Medical and Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, Service, Tourism and Leisure, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Transport and Communications.
Requirements for eligibility
Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship programme must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans ("Studiefinanciering"; for more information please refer to: www.DUO.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the academic year.
- Be fully admitted to a degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered at the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO; for more information refer to: www.DUO.nl).
For more information about general application requirements, please consult the individual programme descriptions at www.uva.nl/international for study programmes taught in English, or www.uva.nl/onderwijs for study programmes taught in Dutch.
Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree programme.
- Be admitted to a Bachelor's or Master's programme at the University of Amsterdam for the first time. AMS will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Bachelor's or Master's programme at the University of Amsterdam.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations (follow the link to the IND website below).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The candidate should not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship. Notify the scholarships office when another full scholarship has been awarded and accepted.
- Scholarship continuation for subsequent year(s) of study depends upon satisfactory study progress. The programme you will be enrolled in, as it depends on the curriculum and rules and regulations of the department, sets the standard for satisfactory progress, and the time and manner in which progress will be measured. Please be advised that you are expected to gain approximately 80% of credits in any one year.
The programme you wish to apply for might set extra requirements such as academic and language requirements. Please see the faculty information below for more information.
The faculties and international schools award scholarships themselves; as such, regulations may vary. Students interested in an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship may contact the faculty or international school offering the study programme of their choice for more information.