ASiS International Essay Writing Competition in Netherlands, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The essay competition is in its seventh year and has be en attracting a growing number of entries from around the world.
SM Sains Alam Shah (Alam Shah Science School), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (ASiS) in collaboration with Wetlands International, Ede, The Netherlands
Conserving our Natural Heritage – Wetlands: A Global Perspective
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to nationals or residents of all countries throughout the world.
- There is no entry fee.
- There are two categories, senior and junior. Participants must select a junior or senior topic depending on their age on 31 May 2017. If you are between the ages of 16 and 18 on this date you are eligible for the senior category and if you are between the ages of 12 and 15, you are then eligible to participate in the junior category.
- There are four topics in each category. Eligible participants may only submit one entry.
- All work must be submitted by individuals, group work is not allowed.
- Your essay must not exceed 1500 words for the senior category, and 750 words for the junior category. There is, however, a recommended minimum of 1200 words for the senior category and 600 words for the junior category. Citation of references and inclusion of charts or diagrams will not count the total number of words in your essay.
- All entries must be submitted together with the official entry form which can be downloaded from the website.
- Essays are accepted only on MS Word Document, using Arial, font size 12. Other formats will be considered provided they can be converted to MS Word. For grading and compilation purposes we prefer that you not send your work in the pdf format.
- Submissions will be accepted until 31 May 2017
- All essays must be in the English language.
- Submissions must be sent in MS Word document via email attachment to <essay16-18-at-wetlands.org> for the Senior Category and <essay12-15-at-wetlands.org> for the Junior Category and must be together with the official entry form AIWC -2016 – PARTICIPATION. Please also include your postal / mailing address.
- Please fill in your name in the official entry form only. Do not include your name or the name of your country in the essay.
- Participants must provide the names and websites of their respective schools only in the entry form when submitting their entries.
- If quotes and references are included, you are encouraged to clearly mark these throughout the essay and properly cite them.
- All submissions must be original. No previously published material will be accepted. Please do not copy chunks of text from the internet and paste them in your essays. Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification
- The Organizer reserves the right to publish and / to make available to the public the winning submissions.
- The decision of the jury is final and is not subject to an appeal.
A book about wetlands/wetland conservation worth 40 Euros and a distinguished award certificate
A book about wetlands/wetland conservation worth 30 Euros and a distinguished award certificate
A book about wetlands/wetland conservation worth 20 Euros and a distinguished award certificate.
Seven consolation prizes of a book about wetlands/wetland conservation, each worth 15 Euros and a merit award certificate.
A book about wetlands / wetland conservation worth 30 Euros and a distinguished award certificate
A book about wetlands/wetland conservation worth 20 Euros and a distinguished award certificate
A book about wetlands/wetland conservation worth 15 Euros and a distinguished award certificate.
Seven consolation prizes of a book about wetlands/wetland conservation, each worth 10 Euros and a merit award certificate.
Certificates of participation will also be awarded to the twenty participants from each category who qualified for the final evaluation but did not win any prize.