Belgium Ghent University PhD Student Fellowship 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Molecular Biology taught at Ghent University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: Ghent University is delighted to offer PhD Student Fellowship– FWO application: Cell death and survival decisions by Death Receptor 3 (DR3) and their role in inflammatory disease models. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
About University: Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. Ghent is one of the largest Flemish universities, consisting of 41,000 students and 9,000 staff members. Applicants must have an excellent command of English.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded within the Department of Biomedical molecular biology.
Scholarship Benefits: Dependent on your prior experiences we offer further teaching of techniques used in the lab. The project will initially focus on primary immune cells/organ culture from mice and then go on to work with in vivo models. Some of the primary methods to be used for elucidating these pathways are flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation (western-blotting), mass-spectrometry, Multiplex-ELISA, Bio-imaging and many other. We will write the project application.
Eligible nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidates must have an FWO aspirant profile (at least great distinction in Bachelor and Master).
- Experience in the study of cell death, differentiation and inflammation is an advantage.
- Candidates must be in possession of a certificate “working with laboratory animals” or be prepared to obtain this certificate.
- The candidate should be eager to learn and expected to work both independently and in a team spirit and highly motivated to complete a Ph.D.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills and a strong passion for life sciences, especially inflammation and signal transduction.
- The candidate should be eligible for an FWO Ph.D. fellowship and is expected to obtain the fellowship
- Willingness to learn new techniques and be part of a highly collaborative research environment.
Language Requirements: The candidate should have excellent communication skills.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates are asked to apply online.
Deadline: January 15, 2018