Explore the use of medicines in treating cancer and take your first steps towards becoming a science writer.
This course will introduce you to the topic of cancer chemotherapy, and how the development of effective medications for the treatment of cancer remains a significant challenge to scientists.
You will research the use and development of cancer medicines, focusing on chemotherapy. In addition, through an exploration of how science is communicated to the general public, you will also look at the skills you need to become an effective science writer.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Reflect on what cancer chemotherapy is and how it was developed.
- Identify resources which can be used to find out more about the developments in cancer medicines.
- Compare examples of science writing, and identify angles and target audiences.
- Investigate current developments in cancer medicines and discuss potential future approaches to treatment.
- Produce a short blog post about future directions in cancer medicine treatments.