Embark on your educational journey in North Cyprus with the exciting opportunity provided by the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship Program, which is currently accepting applications. In this article, we will provide an in-depth overview of this scholarship program, its advantages, and a comprehensive guide on how to apply.
The Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025 is a full tuition fee scholarship designed for international students pursuing master's and doctoral degrees. This scholarship encompasses 100% coverage for PhD programs and 50% coverage for Master's programs.
Eastern Mediterranean University is committed to delivering high-quality education, offering a wide array of academic opportunities, including 108 undergraduate and school programs, as well as 96 postgraduate and doctoral degree programs. These programs are administered by 12 faculties, 5 schools, and the Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School. At this institution, students have the chance to broaden their horizons with opportunities such as learning a second foreign language, participating in exchange student programs, engaging in rich social and sports activities, and preparing for international careers.
Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024, North Cyprus. is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at Eastern Mediterranean University.
ields of Study:
- Business & Economics
- Communication and Media Studies
- Arts & Sciences
- Health Sciences
You can view the details about Master’s Programs and PhD Programs.
Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship includes full tuition fee waivers for PhD programs and 50% tuition fee scholarships for Master's programs.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
To be eligible for Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Language Requirement: Proficiency in English
Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide
For each PhD program, a single 100% or two 50% tuition fee scholarships may be awarded to both new international students and Turkish nationals (separately). Applicants should have a minimum Bachelor's Degree CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or its equivalent.
For each master's program, one 100% scholarship and two 50% scholarships may be granted to Turkish nationals who are enrolling in the program for the first time and have a minimum Bachelor's Degree CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or its equivalent. Moreover, a substantial number of 50% tuition fee scholarships are accessible for new international students enrolling in master's programs. English Language Requirement:
For master's programs conducted in English and all PhD programs (in both English and Turkish), applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language. If you do not possess a valid English language qualification meeting EMU's requirements, your English proficiency will be assessed through an examination at EMU. Based on this assessment, one of the following scenarios will apply:
- You will study English courses alongside your graduate program courses.
- You will initially take intensive English courses (without graduate program courses) before commencing your graduate program.
- You will be exempt from the English Language Support Program and can directly commence your postgraduate studies.
To apply for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship, please follow these steps:
Complete the scholarship application form.
Prepare the following required documents for your application:
- Certified photocopies of diplomas obtained from a university or equivalent institutions (e.g., a 4-year bachelor's degree). If these documents are not in English, provide English translations.
- An official transcript showing all university-level (Bachelor's/Master's) courses taken. If the transcript doesn't use a 4.00 CGPA scale, include a comparative mark/grade table.
- Three letters of reference (Note: This requirement is not applicable to EMU graduates).
- Information about any previous grant/scholarship applications you've made, along with supporting documents.
- Documentation of your scores on English and academic proficiency exams/tests. This requirement does not apply to programs with Turkish as the medium of instruction. Native speakers should indicate their place of birth and citizenship. Others should provide proof of proficiency through one of the specified English Proficiency Tests.
- Details of any grants/scholarships you've already been awarded (relevant for your studentship at EMU) along with supporting documents.
- A photocopy of your passport or ID card.
- Statement of Purpose/Intention: Describe your purpose in applying to your chosen program, explaining your motivation and areas of specialization within the discipline. Submit this on a separate sheet.
- Program-specific documents:
- Architecture (Ph.D. & Master): Portfolio
- A passport-sized photograph (approximately 6 cm x 5 cm).
- Proposal (for PhD program applications).
These documents should be included with your application for the scholarship.