ETSU International Scholarship, USA 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
ETSU International Scholarship, USA 2016
East Tennessee State University is offering Academic Merit Scholarship for international applicants in USA for the year 2016.East Tennessee State University determines credit awards for its courses and programs based on the professional judgement of its faculty in higher education and in alignment with its mission.International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting documents required by the university.
Degree Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme at East Tennessee State University in USA.
Subject Offered: Scholarship is provided for any course offered by East Tennessee State University in USA.
Participating Institution(s): East Tennessee State University, USA.
Eligibility: Applicants should meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
- Additional Conditions:
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- Students who are not eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions).
Test Requirement: ETSU requires official ACT/SAT scores from international freshman applicants under the age of 21 who graduated from a US high school. ETSU does not require ACT/SAT scores for admission purposes from international freshmen applicants who successfully complete secondary education in countries other than the U.S.
English Language Requirement: International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of the following:
-TOEFL: 500 Paper based (PBT), 173 Computer based (CBT), 61 Internet based (iBT)
-ELS – English Language Services (applicants may submit an official academic record demonstrating successful completion)
-Level 112 English for Academic Purposes
-IELTS – International English Testing System
-Score of 5.5
– English and Reading 19
-Critical Reading (Verbal) 450
-Two semesters or three quarters of college-level English composition from an accredited U.S. college or university which transfers as ENGL 1010 and 1020 with a minimum grade of “C”. Official transcript is required.
-Minimum of one year of attendance as an exchange student in or graduation from a U.S. high school. Official transcript is required.
-ETSU will also accept other nationally recognized, comparable, standardized English proficiency examinations. For more information please contact the Admissions Office.
Supporting Material: Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted before the deadline.
Scholarship Benefit: The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
Application Procedure for ETSU International Scholarship, USA 2016
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Application Form Link
Deadline: Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates: Fall semester deadline: no later than July 15th and spring semester deadline: no later than October 15th.
More about ETSU International Scholarship, USA 2016
East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an accredited American university located in Johnson City, Tennessee. It is part of theTennessee Board of Regents system of colleges and universities, the nation's sixth largest system of public education, and is the fourth largest university in the state. ETSU has off-campus centers in nearby Kingsport and Elizabethton.