Faculty of Science and Engineering PhD Scholarship in Netherlands, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Science and Engineering taught at University of Groningen . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Groningen is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship position in Systems, Control and Applied Analysis starting between September 1st and December 1st 2018. All PhD positions are part of larger research programmes, often spanning across different expertise groups and being strengthened by complementary PhD projects already in progress and in preparation.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Scholarship is awarded in Systems, Control and Applied Analysis.
The PhD student will be enrolled in the PhD Scholarship Programme and receive a scholarship of € 2,099 per month (gross) from the University of Groningen for a period of 4 years.
Available to national and International students.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Successful candidates will have completed a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in mathematics or another field of science relevant for the position. They have good command of English (oral and written), are enthusiastic and have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, have a passion for science, are highly motivated to work in mathematical analysis, possess excellent communication skills and an affinity for writing scientific papers and delivering presentations. In addition to these general qualifications, specific research projects may require specific qualifications, to be discussed with the intended supervisors.
Please upload your complete application in English as a single PDF-file (please use the CV attachment only) until 30 May 23:59 h / before 1 June 2018 Dutch local time. Please make sure all mathematical symbols are properly typeset. Please upload your entire application as “letter of motivation attachment” by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on the advertisement on the university website).
The submission should contain the following:
- a cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and qualifications to conduct scientific research, your expectations of the PhD programme and your choice for the particular project
2. a full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
3. a certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma (or equivalent; provide a certified University letter stating when your graduation will be if between the application deadline and start of the project) and academic records and proof of sufficient competence in English
4. Names and contact details of two academic references
5. The applicant needs to submit a research proposal of approximately 500 words that has been written independently or in collaboration with the prospective supervisor (contact details at the end of the announcement). As it is difficult to gauge the word count with mathematical symbols included, the proposals are limited to no more than one page (references separate).
May 30 and June 1, 2018