The GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year presents an exceptional opportunity for international students seeking to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United Kingdom. Facilitated by the University of Stirling, this scholarship program offers substantial financial support to eligible candidates, easing the financial burden of tuition fees.
The scholarship grants a £2,000 fee reduction per year for a duration of four years, summing up to a significant total of £8,000 over the undergraduate program's entirety.
The University of Stirling warmly invites applications from global candidates across various disciplines, encompassing Arts and Humanities, Health Sciences and Sport, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, and Management. The scholarship, tailored for undergraduate studies, spans a program period of four years, encouraging aspiring students to embark on a transformative educational journey.
About the University
The University of Stirling, nestled in the heart of Scotland, is a vibrant and esteemed institution renowned for its commitment to academic excellence, innovation, and inclusivity. Established in 1967, it boasts a picturesque campus that harmoniously merges modern architectural brilliance with the natural beauty of its surroundings. This setting provides an inspiring backdrop for a diverse community of students, faculty, and researchers from around the globe.
At the forefront of cutting-edge research and teaching, the University of Stirling offers a wide spectrum of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines. Renowned for its expertise in fields such as Health Sciences, Sports Studies, Business, and Environmental Science, the university continually pushes boundaries, fostering an environment where curiosity and intellectual exploration thrive.
Beyond academics, the University of Stirling provides a holistic educational experience. It champions a student-centric approach, offering an array of extracurricular activities, clubs, and societies that complement academic pursuits. With a commitment to nurturing well-rounded individuals, the university encourages students to engage in community service, sports, arts, and leadership activities, fostering skills that extend far beyond the classroom and preparing graduates to excel in a rapidly evolving global landscape.
Eligibility criteria defines the parameters for applicants aspiring to avail themselves of this prestigious scholarship opportunity.
To qualify, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English, the medium of instruction.
- Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Classification as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
- Receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer of admissions for an eligible undergraduate program at the University of Stirling.
- Commitment to full-time international study.
- Exclusive availability for students entering directly into a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University's Stirling campus.
- Enrolment as a full-time student at any GEMS Education school at the time of application to the University of Stirling.
- Ineligibility for combining this scholarship with any other University of Stirling scholarship.
The application process for the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship is designed to streamline accessibility for prospective candidates. Notably, students will automatically be considered for the scholarship as part of the admissions process, eliminating the need for a separate application.
Application guidelines entail the following steps:
- Submission through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), utilizing the institution code S75 and referencing specific UCAS course codes available on the University of Stirling's course pages.
- Payment of an application fee of £20 for a single course application or £25 for multiple course applications or late submissions after the 30th of June.
- Direct application to the University of Stirling is permissible for candidates exclusively interested in applying to this institution.
- Submission of supporting documents, including academic records, a comprehensive supporting statement elucidating motivations for pursuing the chosen course, a reference letter endorsing the candidate's suitability, a Curriculum Vitae, and evidence of English proficiency for non-native speakers.
Prospective applicants seeking further details or wishing to commence their application process are encouraged to visit the
dedicated to the GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship. The website provides comprehensive information regarding the scholarship, application procedures, and additional details pertinent to potential candidates.
This scholarship not only serves as a testament to the University of Stirling's commitment to fostering global educational inclusivity but also stands as a beacon of opportunity for ambitious individuals striving for academic excellence in the UK.