International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) 2013, Murdoch University, Australia is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) 2013, Murdoch University, Australia
The International Postgraduate Research Studentship (IPRS) is available to international students who wish to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Education (EdD) or Master by Research (MPhil) and includes tuition fees, health insurance premiums and a living allowance. Scholarships are awarded on academic merit, research experience and/or potential. Applicants should possess an honours degree (at least upper second-class honours) or equivalent.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2013
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Applicants must provide evidence of having achieved Murdoch University English language proficiency requirements. These requirements are IELTS (International English Language Testing System) - 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0) or TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language/ internet based) - Minimum score of 90 with no band less than 20. Exceptions include Nursing and Education which have an IELTS requirement of 7.0.
THE FOLLOWING APPLICANTS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR A SCHOLARSHIP UNDER THE SCHEME:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants who have completed a degree at the same or higher level.
- International applicants who have commenced the degree prior to 1 January and who are seeking an award commencing in the year starting 1 January unless the applicant can establish that they were unable to apply for an award commencing in the previous year.
- International applicants who are currently studying on a scholarship sponsored by AUSAID or have just completed study on such a scholarship. These students are required to return to their home country for at least one year before returning to Australia.
- Applicants who have held a Studentship previously, unless it was terminated within three months of the commencement of benefits.
- International applicants who are in receipt of another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed study (an ‘equivalent’ stipend would be regarded as one greater than 75% of the base studentship stipend rate). Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Murdoch University provides the successful applicant with a living allowance of AUD $26,200 per annum (2013 rate). The scholarship also includes health insurance which covers the student and their spouse and dependants (if any) for the period of the IPRS. Under the IPRS conditions, travel and relocation costs are the responsibility of the applicant however Murdoch University provides their IPRS recipients with a (partial) allowance for relocation and airfares (based on receipts). Murdoch students also have access to a conference travel allowance once during the course of their degree, maintenance funding set by the Schools and a thesis production allowance.
The award is for a maximum of three years for PhD and EdD studies and two years for MPhil. An extension of up to 6 months may be granted for PhD candidates.
How to apply
You must indicate that you would like to be considered for IPRS on your International Student Application for Admission & Scholarship.
Click here to view details.
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) 2013, Murdoch University, Australia is available to undertake level programs at .