IRENA Scholarship Programme, UAE, 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
United Arab Emirate: UAE Government's IRENA Scholarship Programme for International Students IRENA Scholarships Programme
Government of UAE
Country to Study in:
Abu Dhabi (UAE)Eligibility
Submit your application, if you comply with following MASDAR Institute criteria:
- Relevant undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology
- Minimum CGPA required: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- Competence in spoken and written English. Minimum TOEFL score: 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL. Minimum academic IELTS score: 6.5.
- Minimum GRE quantitative score: 700(or 155 on the new scale) .
- Academic record and credentials must indicate the ability to achieve distinction
And following IRENA criteria:
- Desired specialisation within the chosen MSc programme.
- Description of knowledge already acquired in the field of renewable energies and relevant previous professional engagements or experience.
- In case of equal aptitude, priority access will be given to applicants from Developing Countries.
Applicants for IRENA’s Scholarship Programme, will be admitted in accordance to the academic standards and regulations of Masdar Institute. Out of those who passed, IRENA will select the winning candidates in accordance with additional criteria.
All countries are eligible to apply with preference to students from developing countries
MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi; United Arab Emirate (UAE)
Fields of study
The Programme extends to the eight Master of Science Programmes offered at MASDAR Institute:
Number of awards
- Chemical Engineering,
- Computing and Information Science,
- Electrical Power Engineering,
- Engineering Systems and Management,
- Materials Science and Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Microsystems Engineering,
- Sustainable Critical Infrastructure,
- Water and Environmental Engineering
About 20 financial awards will be offered
Two years programmes
Full financial support is provided to IRENA MSc scholars. Tuition fees, textbooks, laptop, medical insurance, housing, travel expenses are covered by the scholarships.
In addition a cost of living allowance is granted to IRENA MSc scholars. No bond or conditions are attached to the scholarship upon graduation.
All IRENA scholars are entitled to generous benefits and are offered IRENA’s exclusive Lecture Programme, which will provide IRENA’s scholars with an overview of the current state of renewable energies.
[caption id="attachment_20538" align="alignnone" width="190"]
Method of Application
Interested students can apply for an IRENA MSc Scholarship directly through MASDAR Institute’s website. Applications have to be submitted electronically. All required proofs and certiﬁcates have to be sent to MASDAR Institute. A list of the required documents can be found on MASDAR Institute’s website.
Please note that you have to indicate your interest in an IRENA Scholarship on Masdar Institute online application form by ticking the appropriate box. Otherwise you will apply for a common MASDAR scholarship and you will not be able to beneﬁt from IRENA's Lecture Programmes and other advantages.
To apply, visit the official MASDAR Institute Admissions
It is important to visit the official IRENA Scholarship Programme website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarhip.
The application process for IRENA Scholarship for the academic year 2015-2016 opened on 1 November 2014 and will close on 31 May 2015.
Applications for the IRENA Scholarship Programme 2015-2017 can be submitted from 1 November 2014 as part of the online application for the Masdar Institute Graduate Studies Programme 2015, or after arriving at Masdar Institute, by 15 September 2015.
All applications need to be submitted to MASDAR Institute for initial review of compliance with the entry requirements. Indicate on the application form that you are applying for the IRENA Scholarship.
Applications have to be submitted electronically. All required proofs and certificates have to be sent to MASDAR Institute. A listing of the required documents can be obtained on MASDAR Institute’s website.
Indicate in the online application by keying in “IRENA” after your passport number in the relevant field, e.g. 12345678 – IRENA. If this indication is not given, the student will apply for a regular scholarship and not be able to benefit from exclusive IRENA services granted to IRENA MSc scholars.
31 May 2015
Open to International Applicants:
Yes (preference to Developing Countries)
More Scholarship Information and Application