PhD Fellowships in Computer Science at Sapienza University of Rome in Italy, 2017-2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Computer Science taught at Sapienza University of Rome . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
For the academic year 2017-2018, Sapienza University of Rome is offering six research fellowships in Computer Science. University particularly welcomes applications from International students and from students coming from other Italian Universities.
The Sapienza University of Rome also called simply Sapienza or the “University of Rome”, is a collegiate research university located in Rome, Italy.
Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of Computer Science.
A mandatory admission requirement is to have a Master’s degree by October 30th, 2017. The degree must be issued by an institution recognized as having degree granting authority and must be officially translated in Italian or English.
International students are eligible to apply.
In particular, fill and confirm online the application form. Submit the following documents written in English or in Italian in a single mail to the coordinator of PhD studies, email address: phdinfo-at-di.uniroma1.it, (email subject: “First name and last name; Admission PhD 2017-18”):
- ID: A photocopy of the applicant’s identity card or passport.
- MS-CERT: Certificate (or “autocertificazione” according to L. 183/2011 and DPR 445/200 in the case of Italian degree) of the master or another academic degree of at least 4 years attended with the final grades obtained.
- For foreign students, academic curriculum certificate with the declaration of validity (“dichiarazione di valore”) of the foreign degree issued by the competent Italian diplomatic representative in the Country where the academic qualification has been achieved. (We are aware that the bureaucratic process of getting the “dichiarazione di valore” can be long and that the document may not be available on July 31st. In case, just add a statement in your application that you will send the document as soon as you get it from the Italian Embassy or Consulate).
- TRANSCR: Academic transcripts (detailed exams, grades, completion dates, graduation date and score).
- CV: Curriculum vitae.
- MSTh-SUM: A summary (at most 3 pages) of the candidate’s most recent activity in the field of computer science: typically, this will be a summary of the master’s thesis. The candidate should address motivations, methodology, obtained results, original and innovative aspects of her work.
- RES-STAT: A statement of research interests (at most 3 pages): this should explain the research topics that the candidate is interested in and also address the candidate’s personal motivations for applying to the PhD Programme.
- PUBB: List and copies of scientific publications, if any.
- At most two letters of recommendation supporting the candidate. (to be sent separately by the reviewers by email to phdinfo-at-di.uniroma1.it)
- GRE: If available, Graduate Record Examinations scores (GRE Computer Science subject test) or Personal Potential Index scores. Note that our department is a GRE Designated Institution (DI). In particular, DI Code 8299 is assigned to Sapienza University Rome – Dipartimento Informatica. Please use this code number when indicating our institution as GRE score report recipient.
- HON: Any other honors, awards, or qualifications, appropriately certified.
The application deadline is July 31, 2017.