PhD Position in Mathematics at University of Southern Denmark, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Mathematics taught at University of Southern Denmark . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark announces a position as PhD student with starting date 1 February 2017 or soon thereafter. International applicants are eligible to apply for this position.
The University of Southern Denmark was established in 1998 through a merger involving Odense University, the Southern Denmark School of Business and Engineering and South Jutland University Centre.
Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Position is awarded in the field of Mathematics.
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three (students who have completed their MSc) or four years (students who have not yet completed their MSc). Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Candidates who have completed 60 ECTS of a master’s programme in mathematics by the time of enrolment can be enrolled via the 4+4 scheme and candidates who have already completed a master’s programme in mathematics will be enrolled via the 5+3 scheme.
- The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 10 November 2015 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
- The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
- The university encourages all persons interested in the position to apply, regardless of their age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this position.
University accepts the following English language tests:
English language Requirements:
- TOEFL IBT test with a minimum score of 88
- IELTS academic test with a minimum overall band score of 6.5*
- CAE with a minimum result of C, or the CPE (the CAE or CPE are only accepted from a Cambridge Network or from University of Michigan) – Please send the test candidate’s ID number (e.g. EPA123456) and the candidate’s secret number (4 digits)
- Tests older than 2 years will not be accepted.
According to the Danish Ministry of Science’s Order no 181 of 23 February 2010 on Admission to Danish Universities, all international applicants to programmes taught in English must document English language qualifications comparable to the level of English taught at Danish upper secondary school (‘gymnasium’). This level compares to the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
How to Apply:
The mode of application is online. Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: anc-at-sdu.dk mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
Application deadline is December 8, 2016.