Scholarships at Fayetteville Technical Community College
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers a range of scholarship opportunities for its students. Scholarships are a fantastic way to support your education, and unlike loans, they don't need to be repaid. Here's a closer look at the scholarship opportunities at FTCC:
Benefits of Scholarships
- Scholarships do not need to be repaid, making them a preferable financial aid option.
- They allow students to save federal financial aid for further studies, such as a bachelor’s degree.
- Having scholarships can enhance a student’s profile, potentially increasing their chances for admission into select four-year colleges and universities.
Golden LEAF Foundation Scholarship Opportunity
The Golden LEAF Scholars Program offers grants of up to $2250 per year for curriculum students and up to $1850 per year for continuing education students. These grants assist with various expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, child care, transportation, and credential/licensure expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Curriculum Students:
- Must be a North Carolina Resident.
- Financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Must be enrolled full-time.
- Reside in a rural county that is tobacco-dependent and/or economically challenged.
Eligibility Criteria for Workforce Continuing Education Students:
- Enrolling in Workforce Continuing Education pathways/courses of 96 hours or more leading to a state or industry-recognized credential.
- Must reside in North Carolina.
- Criteria include being unemployed, receiving a notification of pending layoff, being eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit, or earning wages at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Tom McLean Ambassadors Scholarship Program
The Tom McLean Ambassador Program is an honorary group of students chosen to represent FTCC. Each FTCC Ambassador commits to a year of service to FTCC, participating in various events, and receives a scholarship for their service.
- Receive a $1,300 scholarship ($650 each semester).
- Form friendships within the FTCC community.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Network with community leaders and employers.
- Enhance employment and college application skills.
How to Apply:
- Enroll at FTCC and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Submit an online application.
- Provide required documents via email or USPS mail.
- Additional documents include two letters of reference from the FTCC community and a list of community service, awards, and accomplishments.
For more details and to explore other financial aid options, you can visit the official FTCC website.