Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowship – Singapore Longitudinal EArly Development Study at National University of Singapore. The position is intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world to work on a longitudinal study on childhood development in Singapore.
Scholarship Provider: The Centre for Family and Population Research was funded by the National University of Singapore and established in April, 2014 as a Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences research centre. It is dedicated to the scientific advancement of research and training to understand the trends, determinants, and consequences of family and population changes, particularly in Asia. We aim to bridge basic academic research with public policies that affect family’s well-being. Our research adopts a multi-disciplinary, life course, and international comparative approach.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: The position is intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world to work on a longitudinal study on childhood development in Singapore.
Scholarship Benefits: S$8,479,995
Eligible Nationalities: The position is intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world to work on a longitudinal study on childhood development in Singapore.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A PhD in a social science discipline from a recognized university, preferably in Sociology or Psychology
- Research interest and expertise in how family, community and government policies affect early childhood development.
- Strong quantitative research skills and good publication record.
- Candidates who are familiar with longitudinal data analysis are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
The fellowship will also provide support for conference organization and/or attendance (on application and subject to approval).
Application Procedure: Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A research statement (max of 3 pages)
- Recommendation letters from 4 referees, 1 of whom should be the PhD supervisor (with letterhead and signature)
- NUS Personal Particulars and Personal Data Consent forms for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
All applications and enquiries should be sent to Lori Jane Pasaraba via sg_leads-at-nus.edu.sg with the subject “SG LEADS Application for Postdoc for Panel Survey – name of applicant”. Please label your documents with the content of the document and your surname, e.g.
- Research Statement_surname.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
Deadline: March 18, 2019