Singapore – ICAO Developing Countries Training Programme, 2017-2018 is open for Developing Countries . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of Air Traffic Management, Airport Security Operations, Civil Aviation Management taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Applications are invited for Singapore – ICAO Developing Countries Training Programme for 2017/2018 academic year which is sponsored by the Singapore Government and administered by the ICAO Technical Cooperation Bureau for specialised training programmes conducted by the Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA).
ICAO firmly believes that the safe and efficient operation of air transport systems is totally dependent on the skills and knowledge of the national personnel who operate and maintain these systems. ICAO, with UNDP support, has assisted over 50 developing States in establishing national civil aviation training centres. Through its Technical Cooperation Programme, ICAO has been active in awarding fellowship training in the various fields of civil aviation. In the past 15 years, around 15,000 fellowships were awarded to almost every developing State.
Degree Level: This is a training fellowship programme.
Available Subject: List of courses offered under fellowships/scholarships:
- Emergency Management Workshop: 10 – 14 Jul 2017
- Safety Oversight Inspectors (Air Navigation Services) Course: 24 – 28 Jul 2017
- Methodology and Best Practices for Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU) Implementation Course: 14 – 18 Aug 2017
- Aviation Security Management Programme: 21 – 24 Aug 2017
- Safety Oversight Inspectors (Aerodromes) Course: 21 – 25 Aug 2017
- Safety Audits of Air Traffic Services Course: 4 – 8 Sep 2017
- Aerodrome Certification Course: 11 – 14 Sep 2017
- Airport Terminal Operations and Management Course: 11 – 22 Sep 2017
- Airport Security Operations Managers Course: 30 Oct – 3 Nov 2017
- State Safety Programme Implementation Course*: 30 Oct – 3 Nov 2017
- Air Traffic Management Safety Investigation and Analysis Course: 30 Oct – 3 Nov 2017
- Civil Aviation Management Programme: 30 Oct – 10 Nov 2017
- Air Disasters: Crisis Planning and Business Continuity Management Course: 6 – 10 Nov 2017
- Safety Oversight Inspectors (Flight Operations) Course: 22 Jan – 2 Feb 2018
- Aviation Leaders Scholarship for Diploma in Civil Aviation Management: Subjected to dates of compulsory and elective courses.
Aviation Leaders Scholarships
Since 2013, scholarships are offered for SAA’s Diploma in Civil Aviation Management which comprises compulsory and elective courses. Participants are given the flexibility to select an elective course based on their areas of profession or interest. Participants may choose to attend any of the courses first. Scholarship Nomination Forms should be submitted 6 weeks before the start of the first course.
Scholarship Award: The Government of Singapore will bear the training fees, a daily allowance of Sixty Singapore Dollars (S$60) and hotel accommodation for participants accepted for the programmes. Complimentary breakfast will be provided at the hotel and lunch at SAA during training days. Travel arrangements are to be made and costs borne by the nominating Governments. Hotel accommodation will be provided for the training duration, i.e. one day before course commencement (after 2 pm) and one day after the course (till 12 noon). The daily allowance will be limited to the training duration, i.e. from the start of the course up to the last day of the course. Expenses to be incurred for the stay beyond this duration will not be covered. Participants are advised to secure their own overseas travel insurance to cover themselves for the period of the training in Singapore.
Number of Scholarships: In response to overwhelming and continued demand, the fellowship and scholarship programme has been extended for another three years from 2016 to 2019, and expanded to provide 300 fellowships and 10 scholarships. Since 2001, 900 fellowships and 10 scholarships have been awarded under the DCTP.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
This is training fellowship and scholarship programme available for students from developing countries which is sponsored by the Singapore Government and administered by the ICAO Technical Cooperation Bureau for specialised training programmes conducted by the Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA).
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants from Developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Application Procedure: Applications should be made online. Before proceeding with the online application, Nominating Governments should complete and endorse the Nomination Form available here. The PDF copy of the completed Nomination Form needs to be submitted as part of the on-line application. All applications should be submitted on-line by the stated closing dates.
Deadline: The deadlines vary according to the programme below:
- Emergency Management Workshop: May 29, 2017
- Safety Oversight Inspectors (Air Navigation Services) Course: June 12, 2017
- Methodology and Best Practices for Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU) Implementation Course: July 3, 2017
- Aviation Security Management Programme: July 10, 2017
- Safety Oversight Inspectors (Aerodromes) Course: July 10, 2017
- Safety Audits of Air Traffic Services Course: July 24, 2017
- Airport Terminal Operations and Management Course: July 31, 2017
- Aerodrome Certification Course: July 31, 2017
- Airport Security Operations Managers Course: September 18, 2017
- State Safety Programme Implementation Course*: September 18, 2017
- Air Traffic Management Safety Investigation and Analysis Course: September 18, 2017
- Civil Aviation Management Programme: September 18, 2017
- Air Disasters: Crisis Planning and Business Continuity Management Course: September 25, 2017
- Safety Oversight Inspectors (Flight Operations) Course: December 11, 2017.
- Aviation Leaders Scholarship for Diploma in Civil Aviation Management: Subjected to dates of compulsory and elective courses