South African National Space Agency Scholarship 2016-17 is open for . The scholarship allows Masters, PhD, Mphil level programm(s) in the field of Physics, Climate Change, Remote Sensing, Earth Systems Sciences, Space Weather, Software System Engineering, Aerospace taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is delighted to offer HCD bursary programme for pursuing honours, master’s and doctoral degree program. South African applicants are eligible to apply for this bursary.
SANSA is looking for individuals who are achievement driven, passionate and who are ready to accept new and greater challenges.
The South African National Space Agency was created to promote the use of space and cooperation in space-related activities while fostering research in space science, advancing scientific engineering through developing our human capital and provide support to industrial development in space technologies.
Bursary is available for pursuing honours, master’s and doctoral degree program.
Bursary awards financial support for the following subjects:
- Antarctic radar studies of climate change (Ph.D./post-doctoral)
- Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/Ph.D.)
- Earth Systems Sciences with Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/Ph.D.)
- Geomagnetically induced currents in power systems (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhDGeospatial Programmers (Hons/MSc/Ph.D.)
- Data scientist
- Multiscale ionospheric physics, structures, and dynamics (Hons, MSc or Ph.D.)
- Physics of space weather (Hons/MSc/MPhil/Ph.D.)
- Space Weather models for aviation and military communications (Hons/MSc/MPhil/Ph.D.)
- Software and Software Systems Engineering
- Aeronautical -, Aerospace -, Electrical -, Electronic -, Mechanical Engineering
- Space -, Systems -, Antenna – and RF Systems Engineering and fields of your choice related to key SANSA objectives.
- Honors R50,000.00
- Masters R98,000.00
- Doctoral R120,000.00
Bursary amounts are subject to change.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
- Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this bursary:
- Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from the previous degree
- Be a South African citizen (preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals)
- Planning to enrol for Honours, Masters/MTech, and DTech/ PhD
- Meet the minimum entry level requirements for acceptance to a South African University at the level for which the bursary is required.
- Identify the general research area of their interest (specific projects will be tailored to each student).
South African applicants are eligible to apply for this Bursary.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from the previous degree.
Scholarships in South Africa
How to Apply:
It is necessary to be a registered user before the bursary application form can be accessed. From the “Bursaries” menu, select “Login / Register”. As a first time user, click on “Don’t have an account” and continue to register. A returning applicant can log in to proceed to the application form. If you have any inquiries please contact us on students-at-sansa.org.za. Upload supporting documents:
- Certified copy of your June 2016 results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written) and project titles are compulsory for the application.
- Certified copy of certificate and/ results of the last degree obtained, if not registered 2016
- Certified copy of your South African ID or another form of identification.
- Research proposal if MSc or Ph.D. application (This does not have to be already approved by a University).
- Testimonial (Please download Testimonial template from Bursaries menu)
- Have a valid e-mail address so that SANSA can communicate with you during the application process.
- All uploads should have your name and surname in the subject column.
Bursary application deadline is 30 September 2016.