Swiss National Science Foundation Ambizione Research Grants for Foreign Researchers, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The new Swiss National Science Foundation Ambizione Grants are now available for the academic year 2018-2019. The funding scheme would like to promote qualified researchers from Switzerland as well as excellent researchers from abroad.
Scholarship Provider: Ambizione grants are aimed at young researchers (who hold a doctorate degree not more than four years ago) who wish to conduct, manage and lead an independent project at a Swiss higher education institution.
In its mission statement, the SNSF describes how it aims to act in the best interests of researchers, political authorities, the general public, and its own employees. It defines the ambitions and values informing its work.
Degree Level: Grants are available to young researchers.
Study Subject: Ambizione grants are open to researchers from all disciplines.
Scholarship Award: The grants comprise the salary and project funds for a maximum of three years. Ambizione grants with salary include the grantees’ own salary. The SNSF determines the amount of the salary by agreement with the research institution.
The SNSF may set an upper limit for the salary.
In addition, project funds pursuant to Article 11 paragraph 1 letters a – hare covered. Such funds may not exceed CHF 400,000 for the four-year grant. If the duration of the Ambizione grant with salary is less than four years, the maximum amount will be proportionately smaller.
Eligible Nationalities: Swiss and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for this grant.
Eligibility Criteria: The precise periods are calculated on the basis of the relevant submission deadline (1 November 2018)
- Applicants must hold a Doctorate (PhD) or have completed their medical studies (Staatsexamen or equivalent exam).
- Applications may be submitted no later than four years after completing the doctorate (PhD). The date of the examination, respectively the defence of the doctoral thesis is the relevant date.
- Applicants who have completed their medical exam and have done clinical work for at least three years after completing their studies (specialist certification by the FMH is an advantage) may submit an application no later than 9 years after completion of the medical exam.
- Research activities of at least 12 months after the doctorate (PhD), respectively after the medical exam undertaken at an institution different from the one where the doctorate was obtained, respectively the medical degree was received.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: Submission of proposals
- How to submit a proposal?
- Applications must be submitted via the mySNF platform.
- Guidelines for submitting an Ambizione proposal (PDF, 25 KB)
- Evaluation procedure
- The evaluation procedure for Ambizione grants comprises two stages.
- Evaluation procedure of the SNSF