The University of York Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships in UK is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at University of York . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The University of York is pleased to announce the ten Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships in the UK 2019/2020. These scholarships are open for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level, 36 points in the IB (or international equivalents), or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
Scholarship Provider: The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university, located in the city of York, England. A member of the Russell Group, they are committed to strengthening our position as one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research.
Degree Level: These scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program.
Available Subject: The scholarships will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: These scholarships will cover:
five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
Number of Scholarships: There are ten scholarships available.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible students must:
- be expected to achieve AAA at A Level, 36 points in the IB, or a 1st class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents)
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by the 30 April 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 30 April 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught a course based on the University of York campus
- have already met the English Language requirements of their offer (by 30 April 2019)
- Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
- Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
- they recommend that you prepare these statements before you start your application.
- You will need to tell them:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
- How you plan to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/fees-funding/international/scholarships/appformforacademicexcellencevcs/
Deadline: April 30, 2019