UCL Overseas Research Scholarships, UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
UCL Overseas Research Scholarships, UK
University College London is offering approximately 40 overseas research scholarships for international students. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honors UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. The application deadline is 6 January 2016.
Subject Offered: Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University College London.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing research program at University College London.
Participating Institution(s): University College London, UK.
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently registered at, UCL on a full- or part-time research degree programme and;
- liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fees status), and;
- holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
- While current students may apply, those entering their third year of research will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
Eligible Nationalities: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Benefit: Awards consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees.
- UCL-ORS recipients who do not have any other fee funding will receive additional UCL funding to cover remaining tuition fees for the duration of the UCL-ORS award.
- The award does not cover the Additional Fee Element (AFE) of your programme (if applicable), unless you are also awarded a UCL GRS award.
- Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme (or years 1 to 5 of a part-time programme), subject to annual review and renewal.
- Where students are undertaking an integrated four-year doctoral programme the award will be extended to their final year of study.
- If granted, funding begins at the start of the next academic session.
- Applicants are advised to secure additional funding to cover living costs, which are estimated to be in the region of £13,000 per year. UCL-ORS awards may be held in conjunction with UCL Graduate Research Scholarships (GRS) and other non-fee awards (unless the fee award covers the Home/EU rate only).
Selection criteria: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Financial circumstances are not taken into account.
Notification: The selection panel meets in mid February and successful candidates can expect to be notified by Tuesday 23 February 2016 at the latest. If you do not hear from us by that date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Application Procedure for UCL Overseas Research Scholarships
Application Procedure: There is one common application procedure and form for a number of research student scholarship schemes. All applicants will be considered for a UCL GRS, and overseas fee payers will also be considered for the UCL ORS award and, if applicable, the UCL-CSC (China Scholarships Council) Scholarships. You only need to complete one application form to be considered for any of these funding schemes, provided you fulfill the relevant eligibility criteria.
UCL Research Scholarship Application Form
Deadline: The application deadline is 6 January 2016.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
More about UCL Overseas Research Scholarships
University College London
) is a public research university in London, England and a constituent college of the federalUniversity of London. Established in 1826 as London University
by founders inspired by the radical ideas of Jeremy Bentham, UCL was the first university institution established in London and the earliest in England to be entirely secular, to admit students regardless of their religion and to admit women on equal terms with men.
The UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (UCL-ORS), aim to attract high-quality international students to UCL to undertake research. Approximately 40 UCL-ORS awards are available annually.