UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest for Photojournalists, 2018 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest is an annual contest for young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old. It is Russia’s only platform for discovering new photojournalists and for allowing them to make a name for themselves on the world photojournalism stage. In 2017, around 5000 entries by young photojournalists from 76 countries were submitted to the contest. The winning entries were exhibited around the world. In 2016 the exhibitions were run in Moscow, Istanbul, Cape Town, Cairo, Berlin, Shanghai, Rome, etc.
Eligibility: The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest is open to participants aged 18 to 33. It aims to promote young photographers and support them in their strive for professional perfection.
The 2018 contest will showcase five categories for which young photographers can vie for awards:
1. Top News. Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
2. Sports. This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
3. My Planet. This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicoloured palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
4. Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000 (seven hundred thousand).*
- The first place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 100,000 (one hundred thousand).*
- The second place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 75,000 (seventy- five thousand).*
- The third place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 50,000 (fifty thousand).*
- Contest Sponsors and/or Partners may also offer additional prizes.
Purpose of the Contest
To develop and improve professional photojournalism in Russia and around the world.
- The Contest is open to Russian and foreign nationals who are professional photographers. The age limits for Contest Participants: at least 18 and no more than 33 years old at the time of the Contestant’s submission of Photo Image(s) to the Contest.
- The Contestant may submit no more three Photo Image (Series of Images) in each category.
- Entry for the competition is free of charge.
Entries can be submitted by December 22, 2017, 0:01 am (GMT+3).
The last day for entry will be February 28, 2018, 11:59 pm (GMT+3).
The Contestant must fill in the required forms posted on the Website (hereinafter
referred to as the “Forms”), indicating the following:
1. E-mail address.
3. Family name and assumed name (if applicable).
4. Date of birth.
5. Place of birth.
7. Contact telephone number.
8. Country of residence.
9. A region of residence (for Russia only).
10. City of residence.
11. Postal address.
12. Place of work (principal activity)
13. Name of organization.
14. Address of organization.
15. Website of the organization.
16. Where you learned about our contest