Applications are now being accepted for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide detailed information about this scholarship program, including its benefits and a step-by-step application process.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025 is a fully funded master's scholarship available to international students. This scholarship offers recipients tuition fee waivers of up to 100% and a limited number of fully funded scholarships.
Candidates who are offered admission to the Barcelona GSE have already demonstrated their potential to excel in our demanding and intensive master's programs. The most exceptional applicants may also receive financial support that covers either all or part of their tuition fees.
This merit-based financial assistance is made possible through the generosity of both public and private sponsors, as well as the resources of the Barcelona GSE itself.
The Barcelona GSE provides financial aid based on academic excellence. This includes waivers for 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% of tuition fees, along with a limited number of fully funded scholarships. Financial assistance is exclusively awarded to candidates with an exceptional academic track record.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, known as Barcelona GSE, is an independent institution dedicated to research and graduate education. The school offers a diverse range of master's programs in Economics, Finance, and Data Science. It has consistently ranked among the top Economics Departments globally according to RePEc.
Every year, we allocate an average of 800,000€ in merit-based funding to master's students. Approximately 36% of enrolled students have received full or partial financial support for their studies.
To be eligible for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to international students from developing countries.
- Academic Qualifications: Hold an undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university. For Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS credits is required.
- Preferred Fields of Study: A typical applicant would have a background in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Administration.
- English Language Proficiency: Demonstrate an advanced level of English language skills, with a TOEFL score of 90 or higher or an IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or higher.
- Recommended but Not Required: GRE General Test.
It's important to note that meeting these application requirements does not guarantee admission. Candidates will also be evaluated based on the following admission criteria:
- Exceptional academic record.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Quality of reference letters.