Judicial Fellowship Programme 2022: The International Court of Justice (ICJ) hereby invites applications from recent law graduates for the Judicial Fellowship Programme 2022 to be taken at the International Court of Justice, Hague.
The programme was put together to enable recent law graduates to gain experience working at the International Court of Justice. The fellowship aims to improve participants’ understanding of international law and of the Court’s procedures by actively involving them in the work of the Court thereby allowing them to build on their experience under the supervision of a judge.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Court of Justice
- Host Institution(s): International Court of Justice, Netherlands
- Number of Awards: 15
- Study Level: Graduate
- Duration: 10 months
- Nationality: All Nationalities
To be eligible for the International Court of Justice Judicial Fellowship Programme 2022, applicants:
- Should be 31 years of age or younger at the time of application for the programme. However, this requirement may be waived in special cases to make room for candidates of diverse nationalities.
- Must be a recent law graduate with excellent results in their law studies, published or worked in international law.
- Possess excellent reading, writing and oral skills in at least one of the official languages of the Court which is English and French languages.
- Each nominating university must agree to fund the stipend, health insurance and travel costs of its candidate which should be sufficient to provide for a minimum standard of accommodation and subsistence in the Hague.
- Visas and working facilities.
How-to-Apply: Universities that accept the condition for nominating its candidates as stipulated by the ICJ for the Judicial Fellowship Programme 2022 at the International Court of Justice are to fill the nomination form. Candidates will be asked to submit the following application materials through their universities:
- Letter from the university agreeing to sponsor the candidate
- Application form and summary table, filled in by the candidate
- Two or three letters of reference
- Official academic records of the candidate
- One writing sample of no more than 15 pages.
Application Deadline: 13 February 2022