|Report to||ADBI Task Managers|
|Date Posted||28 July 2021|
|Closing Date||16 August 2021|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is seeking a part-time Research Assistant to support the Project: “Analyzing Infrastructure Impacts in Asia Through Big Data.” The Research Assistant will work remotely and report to ADBI task managers.
Assignment Period: September 2021 to July 2022
- Assist in reviewing and editing research outputs resulting from the Project for publication.
- Write codes and conduct regression work to estimate the economic effects of infrastructure projects in relevant papers.
- Assist in organizing a research workshop and preparing the workshop proceedings as part of the Project.
- Assist in preparing other research activities related to the Project.
- Coordination and preparation of specific organizational and written inputs, speeches, presentation slides, and blog posts related to the Project.
- Inputs and assistance for publishing working papers for the Project by ADBI task managers and resource persons, including, but not limited to, those focused on:
- Cost benefit analysis of spillover tax revenues of infrastructure in case studies of transport projects in Asia.
- Spillover effects of information technology infrastructure in Asia.
- Effects of investment in water supply and sanitation infrastructure in Asia.
- At least a master's degree, and preferably pursuing a PhD degree, in economics, finance, or closely related areas.
- Preferably a specialization or demonstrated interest in economics, econometrics, or finance.
- Familiarity with economic development topics of relevance to Asia and the Pacific
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills in econometrics, including familiarity with macro/microeconomic data and STATA. Coding in Python will be advantageous. Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) is desirable.
- Research experience, including post-graduate research, and ability to draft publishable papers covering literature reviews, data compilation, and analysis.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
The part-time Research Assistant will work remotely on an intermittent basis.
The Research Assistant will serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity. They are neither officers nor staff of ADBI. He/she will work under the direct supervision of ADBI task managers.
Applicants must be nationals of an ADB member economy. If they are currently based in Japan, they must have a valid work visa or legal eligibility to work.
Applicants are invited to apply online.
Applications should be submitted no later than Monday, 16 August 2021, 5:00 pm, Tokyo time.
No telephone or e-mail submissions.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.