PhD Fellowships at Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI) in Norway, 2019 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD, Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of taught at Chr. Michelsen Institute . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI) is delighted to offer three PhD candidates to conduct research in the framework of the following NORGLOBAL research projects, funded by the Research Council of Norway (RCN). Fellowships are available for International students.
Scholarship provider: CMI is an independent development research institute in Norway. With a staff of 70 people, we address issues that shape global developments and generate knowledge that can be used to fight poverty, advance human rights, and promote sustainable social development.
English is the working language of the projects and at CMI, and candidates must be proficient in English. Knowledge of other languages (e.g. French, Arabic) is an advantage.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Michelsen Institute (CMI) is seeking three PhD candidates to conduct research in the framework of the following NORGLOBAL research projects, funded by the Research Council of Norway (RCN): Humanitarian Diplomacy: Assessing Policies, Practices and Impact of New Forms of Humanitarian Action and Foreign Policy.
Scholarship Benefits: CMI offers:
- The opportunity to be part of the leading multidisciplinary development research institute in Scandinavia.
- A stimulating work environment.
- Salary according to CMI’s pay scale.
- Excellent pension and insurance schemes.
Number of Scholarships: Three fellowships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: Fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Qualifications for all positions:
- MA in one of the following disciplines: anthropology, political science, development studies, history, geography.
- Academic or practical experience from relevant fields.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Innovative and creative.
Application Procedure: We only accept applications via e-mail to: vacancies-at-cmi.no.
Please submit the following to the above address, citing “PhD 2019 + project name” in the subject field:
- A short (1-2 pages) letter of motivation explaining why you apply for a PhD and how you plan to approach the research within the framework of the specific project. The letter should also describe aspects of your educational background and experience that would be of value for the project.
- CV including list of publications.
- Names and contact details of two references.
- Copies of grade certificates.
- A copy of your MA thesis.
Deadline: December 1, 2018