Global Challenge Postdoc Research Fellowships at University of Sheffield in UK, 2019 is open for European Union Students . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Sheffield . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for Global Challenge Research Fellowships for students from DAC-list country. Fellowships are available to study 12 and 24 months Postdoctoral programme.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Students may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to study 12 and 24 months Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Applications are welcome to any department. As one of our fellows you will embark on either a 12- or 24-month project to address problems faced by those in the Global South. This could be, for example, developing access to secure food, sustainable health and wellbeing, inclusive and quality education, clean sanitation or affordable energy. You will work in collaboration with overseas institutions where you will spend between 25 – 50 percent of your time. It will be up to you to design and complete a major research project.
Scholarship Benefits: Grade 7 £31,302 – £39,609 per annum, with potential to progress to £43,267.
Number of Scholarships: Ten fellowships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: Fellowship is available for students from DAC-list country.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We are seeking to appoint up to ten 12-month post-doctoral Global Challenge Fellowships (GCFs) across the University. To be eligible you will need to hold a PhD as at the application deadline or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
We are seeking to appoint up to ten 24-month post-doctoral Global Challenge Fellowships (GCFs) across the University. To be eligible you will need to hold a PhD as at the application deadline or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- A postdoctoral researcher with the ability to demonstrate an outstanding capacity for innovative research based on a wealth of research experience.
- A clear vision, set out in the proposal, which outlines the broader contribution this project can make to the field of international development.
- Experience of working or conducting research in the country/countries where the research is proposed to take place and a strong relationship with the proposed partner institution(s).
- A proven driver of interdisciplinary and cross-cultural knowledge exchange with a commitment to equality and diversity.
Application Procedure: To apply, you will need to an application form comprising the following sections plus a letter of support from your primary partner organisation:
- Part A: Applicants details and Curriculum Vitae
- Part B: Applicant statement
- Part C: Research proposal and ODA compliance statement
- Part D: Partnership details
- Part E: Declarations and appendices
Deadline: January 14, 2019